⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New Standard Names for Satellite Data

From: John Graybeal <jgraybeal>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:29:20 -0800

I agree with Bruno -- platform angle as it is defined in the request is the angle of the _platform_ with respect to a reference direction ("the horizontal angle between the line of sight from the observation point to the platform and a reference direction at the observation point, which is often due north"). The seems like platform orientation to me too.

I wasn't excited about the name platform_azimuth_angle anyway, because it is ambiguous on this exact point -- is it the azimuth angle of the platform, or of the instrument on the platform? (the former, in this case). Platform_orientation seems to be the accepted name for the purpose.

The definition is very weak though -- can we propose the substitution of this definition for that one?

John