⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Monotonic coordinates

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:51:19 +0000

Dear Bill

Yes, I agree with you, the values of a CF coordinate variable (not an auxiliary
coordinate variable) must all be different, as the NUG says; CF generally
upholds the NUG. In principle this is because the coordinate variables are the
independent variables on which the data values depend. Independent variables
should be single-valued.

You could propose a CF trac defect ticket to modify the text of the CF
standard in order to clarify this.