⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names for sea level change

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:04:04 +0100

Dear Olivier

> I'm fine with 'amplitude_of _global_average_sea_level_change' and
> 'phase_of_global_average_sea_level_change'.

OK, good. I agree that the definitions of amplitude and phase should be
generic. These transformations could apply to many quantities. It sounds
neutral to me to refer to fitting a sinusoidal function in the definition,
and I suggested harmonic_period because that seemed generic to me, but
there may well be better phrases.