⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Roms: ocean_s_coordinate_g1 and g2?

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:24:54 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently working with ROMS ocean model files. The model uses a
generalized ocean_s coordinate as defined by
https://www.myroms.org/wiki/index.php/Vertical_S-coordinate .

The same page says that their s_coordinate is covered by standard_names
    ocean_s_coordinate_g1
    ocean_s_coordinate_g2
and I believe I have seen at least the g1 case in a draft of a CF
convention some month ago. Both cases are also implemented in the
netcdf-java package with above standard_names:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/StandardCoordinateTransforms.html

But I cannot find any of those names any longer, neither in CF-1.6 nor
in the standard_names tables.

Does somebody remember what happened to these vertical coordinates?
According to the ROMS Wiki, the standard_names have been added in March
2009.

Best regards,

Heiko