⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Comment in coordinate variables (and CF checker)

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:10:16 +0100

Dear Nan

I can't remember a reason why coordinate variables should not have comment,
institution, source or references atts. Sect 2.6.2 just says "variables" can
have them, not "data variables" specifically. I think it's just that we didn't
suppose they'd be needed, but I agree, they are extra info like long_name,
which is permitted for coord vars.

If there's not an obvious reason why Appendix A should be more restrictive
than Sect 2.6.2, you could propose to amend App A with a defect ticket.