⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Comment in coordinate variables (and CF checker)

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:19:53 -0400

Thanks, Ros. I had a feeling the CF checker was being precise, I just
couldn't figure out why it wasn't happy. Mystery solved!

Does anyone know if there is any reason why Appendix A limits comments
to non-coordinate variables? That seems ... unusual. I don't recall any
threads discussing this, but I might have missed it.

Is there a better way to describe how coordinate values were determined?
For
example, I'd really like to convey the fact that there are N meters of
assorted
hardware between an instrument and the surface, when the depth value is not
a measured variable, or that the X,Y values are not true points, when we
have
only the position of the anchor on a surface mooring. I'm also supplying a
watch circle radius, but that's not part of any standard.

Cheers - Nan