⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Comment in coordinate variables (and CF checker)

From: r.s.hatcher at reading.ac.uk <r.s.hatcher>
Date: 23 Apr 2012 15:51:11 +0100

Hi Nan,

The CF checker is producing the INFO message because according to Appendix
A the "comment" attribute can be attached to either a (G)lobal variable or
a (D)ata variable containing non-coordinate data.

This is just an informational message alerting you to the fact that you may
be using the attribute incorrectly. As far as I am aware there is nothing
to stop you using the comment attribute on a coordinate variable (hence the
INFO message not WARNING or ERROR) - it just isn't a standard use of it.

Regards,
Ros.