⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Using add_offset & scale_factor with coordinate variables

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:27:34 +0100

Dear Brian

> Jonathan, are you thinking that CF disallows packing of coordinates because
> we neglected to explicitly include them in Table A.1? I think this was
> just an oversight. I don't have any recollection that we intended to
> disallow packing coordinates, and I don't find anything in the convention
> document itself that leads to this conclusion (although I'm not as familiar
> with it as I used to be :)

I have a recollection that we deliberately decided to disallow them, and it
was not just an oversight. However, if you can't remember, and no-one can
think of a reason why it would be a problem, I don't object. In particular,
if no-one thinks this is a material change to the standard, it could be made
with a defect ticket.