⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.6 Conformance Requirements/Recommendations

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 21:00:22 +0100

Dear all

Thanks for your postings. There seems to be a consensus on this. I have
therefore changed my existing trac ticket 85 accordingly
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/85
to record this consensus. Note that this means we have to amend section 9.6
as well, which explicitly disallowed missing data in aux coord vars (except
for nonexistent elements). We have to change this, or else it would not be
legal for Nan to store her profiles with missing pressure in discrete sampling
geometries following sect 9, for instance.

I hope I've got this right. Ticket 85 is a defect ticket, intended to correct
mistakes uncontroversially! Therefore if anyone isn't happy with this, they
should object on the ticket, and we'll need to open a different one to discuss
another way to modify the convention.