⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.6 Conformance Requirements/Recommendations

From: Jim Biard <jim.biard>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:19:33 -0400

Jonathan,

The point is, the information in the variable *is* coordinate information,
and there *is* a domain/range relationship between the coordinate
information and one or more measurements, even when the content of the
"auxiliary coordinate variable" does not (for more than one possible
reason) meet the rather strict requirements for being designated as a
coordinate variable (1-D, monotonic, etc). I want to capture that
relationship in a clear fashion within my files.

What if we say something along the lines of, "Applications should treat the
data as missing where the auxiliary coordinates are missing when plotting
data."? Would that resolve the problem?

Grace and peace,

Jim