⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for defined global attribute names

From: Jim Biard <jim.biard>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:09:02 -0400

Hi again.

OK, after our earlier discussion about auxiliary coordinate variables, this
sure looks like a source or institution variable shouldn't be an auxiliary
coordinate variable. It is not remotely related to a coordinate axis is
it? Shouldn't you be talking about this as an ancillary variable? Or is
this being used as a label coordinate so that you can make plots that show
values across sources?

If we are going to do this for these two global attributes, shouldn't we go
ahead and do it for all other global attributes?

Grace and peace,

Jim