⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.6 Conformance Requirements/Recommendations

From: Egil Støren <egil.storen>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:45:47 +0200

Hi all,

Even if the missing aux coordinate values never will be found, I think
there is legitimate uses of data where some of the aux coordinate values
are missing where data values exist. For example if you want to compute
the average of data variables, you do not need the aux coordinate variable.

A netCDF-file could be used in several ways:

- Making a plot where only the values corresponding to non-missing aux
coordinates are used
- Computing the average

Therefore, I think we should allow missing values in aux coordinate
values, and also point out that the data values may be useful even if no
corresponding aux coordinates exist.

Best regards,

    Egil St?ren