⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] netcdf4 and CF-1.6

From: Cauquil Pascal <pascal.cauquil>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:29:20 +0000

Hi everybody,

I'm working for a future oceanographic program developped by CNES.
I used netcdf-3 and CF-1.4 convention in a previously program and we had problems with the size of files.
We intend to use netcdf4 for this new program to use compression and group possibilities but, we want also to be compliant with CF-1.6 convention.

Do you think it is a possible to display "CF-1.6 compliant" using these 2 netCDF4 features too?
Is netCDF4 an axis of discussion for the CF group?

Best regards

  Pascal Cauquil