⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Convention attribute

From: Jim Biard <jim.biard>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:01:25 -0500

Seems a bit extreme to say that a convention is not compatible with CF
just because it has a name with spaces in it. Apart from the
Conventions attribute, a file can be completely conformant with both CF
and one or more other conventions. I feel like our goal should be to
maximize the ability of people to indicate what conventions are in use
in their files. If we don't allow this attribute to somehow contain the
names of all of the conventions, it will mean that other attributes will
be used to contain the names of the other conventions. We will then
have a hodgepodge of attributes that need to be checked in order to find
out what conventions are applicable. In the spirit of encouraging
cooperation, let's allow this attribute definition to be flexible enough
to accommodate non-CF approaches to doing things. Doesn't mean we have
to do it everywhere.

Grace and peace,

Jim