⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Convention attribute

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:03:13 +0000

Dear all

This is certainly a lively thread! :-)

An array of strings would be nice but I don't think we should do that because
it's not compatible with the Unidata convention and it depends on the non-
classic netCDF model. In this case we can probably get by without it. While
we can't control the names of netCDF conventions in general, and it appears
that Unidata have not done so, CF could impose such a rule, as John suggests.
That is, we could state that if a convention is to be regarded as compatible
with CF, it must have a name with no spaces it. Then we can make the
Conventions attribute a blank-separated list safely. Would that be acceptable?

Cheers

Jonathan