⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] the need to store lat/lon coordinates in a CF-compliant netCDF file

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 09:18:05 +0200

Jon,

just to make you think twice:

How will ncWMS display data without datum? Using netcdf-java's default?

I think 1) and 2) are both valid and I propose a something like:

All geo-data must come with the best datum information. Missing
ellipsoid-information will be interpreted as 3671km sphere. Missing
Bursa Wolf parameters will be interpreted as all 0.

This would discourage using the default, but at least it is written
down. And the default ellipsoid is discouraging enough in itself for
anybody caring about ellipsoids, but nicely backwards compatible.

Heiko