⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for help relating Netcdf file and the projection issues!

From: David Blodgett <dblodgett>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:17:06 -0000

Your file appears to already be in lat/lon with no datum specified do you know what the data should be?

Since it is curvilinear, ArcGIS won't read it as gridded data. Arc only really operates on "raster" grids.You have to import it as a collection of points using "Make NetCDF Feature Layer".

If you know the original projection of the data, you could redefine the axes in a way that the data would be a raster grid. There are some complications importing raster grids not in lat/lon coordinates into ArcGIS though. If you think you want to try this approach, contact me and I can give more detail.

Dave Blodgett
Center for Integrated Data Analytics (CIDA)
USGS WI Water Science Center
8505 Research Way Middleton WI 53562
608-821-3899 | 608-628-5855 (cell)
http://cida.usgs.gov