⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for help relating Netcdf file and the projection issues!

From: Sami Khanal <sami.khanal>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:33:22 -0000

Hi Dave,

You are right that the file does not have any projection information
embedded in it and I don't know what it should be. I am obtaining this data
from climatologist who are using WRF model to generate different climate
change scenarios. They are not much familiar with ArcGIS so I am trying to
figure out what the problem is with ArcGIS.The data actually is hourly
precipitation for the United States and I am basically trying to overlay
this information with US map (shapefile) in the ArcGIS platform to do
further analysis.

I could import it as a collection of points using Make NetCDF feature layer
as you suggested but I am now more inclined to the approach you suggested
later.

Can I adopt the approach of redefining the axes if the data are in lambert
conformal conic projection? and if the answer is yes, how would I do so?

Thanks!

Sami