⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names for Martian climate model data

From: TOYODA Eizi <toyoda>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:31:31 +0900

All,

Only trivial thing: "aerocentric_longitude" should be
"areocentric_longitude" ("RE" instead of "ER").

I think it's the first time to use the word "longitude" to represent a
coordinate in space, like in ecliptic longitude or galactic longitude. I'm
not inventing other wording, so my suggestion is to modify the description:

"Longitude is positive eastward; its units of degree_east (or equivalent)
indicate this explicitly. In a latitude-longitude system defined with
respect to a rotated North Pole, the standard name of grid_longitude should
be used instead of longitude. Grid longitude is positive in the
grid-eastward direction, but its units should be plain degree."

Best Regards,
--
Eizi TOYODA
http://www.google.com/profiles/toyoda.eizi