⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ambient light [Sec=Unclassified]

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:44:46 +0000

Dear Miles

I understand that luminance is in cd m-2 and applies to diffuse reflection or
emission, as you say. A standard name not specifying wavelength would
be assumed to refer to all wavelengths, I think: things are general unless
they say they are specific. One thing is, luminance is directionally
dependent. Do you have a particular direction in mind?

Cheers

Jonathan