⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF data model

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:10:05 +0000

Dear Ben

Thanks for your email and diagram. Unsurprisingly we share several concepts!
Your modelis a bit closer to the netCDF data format, as is appropriate for your
purpose in doing it. I see you don't have auxiliary coord vars on your
diagram, unless you regard them as a subset of coord vars. (By the way, don't
boundaries belong to coord vars, rather than to "CF variables"?) You recognise
more specific things, like VerticalCoordinate, than I do. Certainly a vertical
coordinate var is a coordinate var (I guess the arrows means "is a") but I
regard its being vertical as a property which it has, rather than a thing
which it is, but perhaps that's what you mean as well.