⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard names for satellite obs data

From: John Graybeal <jbgraybeal>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:28:20 -0700

For many (most in my world, which is more observational) applications, the information about the instrument orientations will not be absolute (most instruments can't measure their orientation that way because they don't know what the platform orientation is).

So not specifying whether it is absolute or relative in the name will lead to ambiguity (partially resolved by the definition, perhaps) and error. I suggest the desired concept be reflected by the standard name, to minimize long term confusion.

john