⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard names for satellite obs data

From: Aleksandar Jelenak <Aleksandar.Jelenak>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:19:53 -0400

Nan Galbraith said the following on 10/20/2010 11:18 AM:
> Is it implicit in the proposal that, if there is orientation
> information only at the instrument level, it's absolute, but if
> there's also platform orientation, they need to be considered
> together?

My idea is that both orientations are absolute, with the
instrument-level being considered more accurate. Thus if a file would
ever contain both "instrument_*" and "platform_*" standard names, better
quality data would be in "instrument_*" names variables.

One more idea that we discussed in my office was whether or not was
worthwhile to indicate platform attitude-corrected data
(roll/yaw/pitch). Something like appending "_with_attitude_correction"
to the standard names. In the end we decided not go with that because
this approach would require new names for latitude and longitude data
and I did not think that would be accepted.

        -Aleksandar