⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] netCDF time axis comforming to CF-1.0 convention

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:35:30 -0600

Glancing at my local copy of the cf-checker code, I believe it is
case-sensitive, yes.

As it ought to be: the spec lists valid values for axis as capital letters and
uses the <code> markup that indicates an exact term.

--Seth

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:55:04 -0600
 John Caron <caron at unidata.ucar.edu> wrote:
>the units appear ok. is the CF checker case sensitive on the "t" ?
>
>On 7/23/2010 12:27 PM, Karl Taylor wrote:
>> Stephane,
>>
>> axis="T" is correct. I'm guessing, the units on your time coordinate aren't
>recognized by udunits.
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On 7/23/10 11:02 AM, Stephane Poirier wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> I am trying to have our netCDF files comply to CF-1.0 convention.
>>> CF-Convention compliance checker for NetCDF format
>(http://*titania.badc.rl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/cf-checker.pl) returns the following
>error when checking my netCDF file's "time" variable: ERROR (4): axis
>attribute inconsistent with coordinate type as deduced from units and/or
>positive.
>>> File
>http://*www.*oifii.org/do-org/dod/2010july23_time-axis-attribute-inconsistent-with-coordinate-type-as-deduced-from-units-and-or-positive.jpg
>shows how UCAR's NetCDF 4.2 Tool UI see's my netCDF file
>(http://*www.*oifii.org/imt/dai/crcm/MRCC.4.2.0_amno_adj_alsi_ps_196012_r(cf-1-4).nc
><http://*www.*oifii.org/imt/dai/crcm/MRCC.4.2.0_amno_adj_alsi_ps_196012_r%28cf-1-4%29.nc>).
>>> Do I get this error because the "axis" attribute of my "time" variable is
>set to "t" instead of "time"?
>>> Stephane
>>> Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
>>> Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
>>> Geography Department, Burnside Hall
>>> McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
>>> http://*geog.mcgill.ca
>>> Stephane.Poirier2 at mcgill.ca <mailto:Stephane.Poirier2 at mcgill.ca>
>>> Cell. (514) 994-3532
>>> Fax: (514) 509-8833
>>> Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
>>> Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
>>> 3532 rue Sainte-Famille, Apt. 4
>>> Montreal, QC, H2X 2L1, Canada
>>> http://*www.*oifii.org
>>> stephane.poirier at oifii.org <mailto:stephane.poirier at oifii.org>