⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.4 - linear trends with time

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:35:07 -0700

Dear Paul,

I'm not sure you can use a numeral in front of a unit. Also "yr" must
be used with caution since the length of a calendar year is not constant
(e.g., leap years). There is a discussion of this in section 4.4 of
the standard.

The only accepted standard names can be found on the CF website. I'm
not sure "linear", "change" and "1960-2008" are part of any standard
names. I would use "longname" to store a description like the one you
tried to put in standard_name (but I'd remove the underscores).

I hope someone else can expand on how trends should be stored in CF.

best regards,
Karl