⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed changes to various standard names

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 07:54:26 +0100

Dear Philip

> It looks like your grammar analyzer identified the following entities in error:
>
> sulfate_dry_aerosol and sulfur_dry_aerosol
>
> I assume that your grammar analyzer picked this up from standard names of the following form:
>
> atmosphere_mass_content_of_sulfate_expressed_as_sulfur_dry_aerosol

Ah, I see! Indeed, I find that confusing as a human parser of language, and
had misunderstood it. So the intention of this name is
  atmosphere_mass_content_of_sulfate (expressed_as_sulfur) dry_aerosol
I agree, it would be much clearer to change it to
  atmosphere_mass_content_of_sulfate_dry_aerosol_expressed_as_sulfur
as you say. There are five existing names of this type.

Thanks

Jonathan