⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed changes to various standard names

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:40:44 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

It looks like your grammar analyzer identified the following entities in error:

    sulfate_dry_aerosol and sulfur_dry_aerosol

I assume that your grammar analyzer picked this up from standard names of the following form:

atmosphere_mass_content_of_sulfate_expressed_as_sulfur_dry_aerosol

This would be hard for an automatic grammar checker to understand. Perhaps it would be more logical and unambiguous to rearrange this name (and the other similar ones) to be:

atmosphere_mass_content_of_sulfate_dry_aerosol_expressed_as_sulfur

Best wishes,

     Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith Atmospheric, Earth, and Energy Division
pjc at llnl.gov Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
+1 925 4236634 7000 East Avenue, Livermore, CA94550, USA