⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] ensemble dimension

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:56:08 +0100

Dear all

I agree that "ensemble_member_identifier" is likely to be more self-explanatory
than "realization". I withdrew my suggestion of the former because I'd
forgotten, when I made it, that we already had the latter as a standard name.
If ensemble_member_identifier is preferred, we could change the standard name
in the usual way, using an alias.

I am less happy with "ensemble_realization", although I think it is a term
which is used, because it sounds vague to me. It could mean an instance of
an entire ensemble, rather than a member of an ensemble.