⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] seeking CF name for total water column height

From: Jeff deLaBeaujardiere <Jeff.deLaBeaujardiere>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:21:38 -0500

Hello-

I am a new subscriber. We are hoping to adopt CF names wherever possible in the context of the Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS) Sensor Observation Services (SOS). Not all phenomena we measure have immediately apparent CF names, however. We are using this URL as a reference:
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/standard-name-table/current/cf-standard-name-table.html

The first example is total water column height as derived from a bottom pressure recorder associated with a tsunami warning buoy. This is not sea_surface_height_above_reference_ellipsoid or _above_sea_level. It might be height_above_sea_floor but we're not really sure what that refers to (height of what?).

Is there a standard name present or planned that is equivalent to total_water_column_height?

Thanks for any information,
Jeff DLB

--
Jeff de La Beaujardi?re, PhD
Senior Systems Architect, Data Integration Framework
Jeff.deLaBeaujardiere at noaa.gov