⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Description of Map Projection Grid

From: Bentley, Philip <philip.bentley>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:27:33 -0000

Hi David,

A while back there was discussion on the mailing list regarding the
addition of two new attributes to the CF convention to record the
min/max values of a variable in a generic way. See
http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2008/002191.html

I have a vague recollection that this proposal made it through to a CF
trac ticket. However, I don't see the new attributes in the latest CF
conventions document, and unfortunately I'm not currently able to check
the CF trac site because it's throwing an 'invalid security certificate'
error in my browser. You may have more luck.

But, in principle, I reckon those two new attributes, if/when added to
CF, would provide you with a workable solution, e.g. something like...

double x(x);
   x:standard_name = "projection_x_coordinate";
   x:units = "m";
   x:actual_min = 0.0; // or whatever value is appropriate
   x:actual_max = 12345678.0; // ditto

Similarly for y.

HTH,

Phil Bentley