⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: [ESIP-all] EGU ESSI Session on Real Use of Standards and Technologies - Call for papers

From: Steve Hankin <Steven.C.Hankin>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:03:56 -0800

CF'ers

This EGU announcement specifically calls out for CF presentations ....

    - Steve

====================================

Begin forwarded message:

> *From: *David Arctur <darctur at opengeospatial.org
> <mailto:darctur at opengeospatial.org>>
> *Date: *November 19, 2009 3:06:10 AM EST
> *To: *ESIP Federation <esip-all at rtpnet.org <mailto:esip-all at rtpnet.org>>
> *Subject: **[ESIP-all] EGU ESSI Session on Real Use of Standards and
> Technologies - Call for papers*
>
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> As announced previously, the European Geosciences Union (EGU) General
> Assembly will be meeting in Vienna, 02-07 May 2010. The Earth & Space
> Science Informatics (ESSI) Programme has numerous sessions announced.
> Please consider submitting an abstract for oral or poster
> presentations to session ESSI16, Real Use of Standards and
> Technologies. Abstracts are due by 18 January 2010 here:
> http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2010/abstractsubmission/1924
>
> The session details are here:
> http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2010/session/1924
>
> ESSI-RUST is a session where standards and technologies meet end users
> by demonstrating leading edge and ready-to-use services and
> applications. Focus will be on (but not exclusively) OGC based
> services, data interchange formats (GML, netCDF, HDF), CF-conventions
> and their use in applications and services. Future challenges in RUST
> shall also be addressed.
>
> The intended audience will be ESSI and all EGU divisions dealing with
> cross-domain information exchange and need use of standardized
> technologies.
> The session should act as catalyzer for:
> - End users, becoming aware of existing technologies, ready to use in
> their own domain.
> - Developers, (implementing standards for services and applications)
> that can benefit from demonstrated solutions.
> - Standardization bodies, to refine standard based on real use experience.
>
> We plan to organize live demonstration of applications and services.

> netCDF, HDF, CF-convention
>
> Interested participants are encouraged to submit their abstracts for
> oral or poster presentation on any aspects relevant to ESSI-RUST.
>
> Best regards,
> dka
> ---
> David K Arctur
> Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
> darctur at opengeospatial.org <mailto:darctur at opengeospatial.org>
> http://www.opengeospatial.org <http://www.opengeospatial.org/>
> mobile +1.512.771.1434, office +1.512.402.1743, fax +1.815.642.8336

[NOTE: The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
alone and do not necessarily reflect official NOAA, Department of
Commerce, or US government policy.]

Kenneth S. Casey, Ph.D.
Technical Director
NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center