⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF point observation Conventions ready for review

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:02:44 -0600

I have complete a new version of the CF point observation Conventions at:

  https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/PointObservationConventions

Discussion is at:

  https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/37

I have incorporated various feedback from the past year, and made a
preliminary implementation to be sure that a generic application can
distinguish the various cases without human intervention.

I have tried to simplify, esp in the station profile and section feature
types, where the combinations of options got too complex. The document
is now explicit about all possible representations. The use of missing
values is also clarified.

While the document is rather long, if you manage to wade through it
you'll see that the patterns of use keep repeating and are mostly
regular. Showing full examples I think is the best way to prevent
misunderstandings.

I did make enough changes that anyone who wrote files using the previous
version should check to see whats changed. Apologies for that.