⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Sea water velocity

From: Stephane TAROT <Stephane.Tarot>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:07:23 +0200

Dear Jonathan,

As a summary of our discussion, I will use :
direction_of_radial_vector_away_from_instrument (*)
radial_sea_water_velocity_away_from_instrument (*)
radial_sea_water_velocity_away_from_instrument standard_error
radial_sea_water_velocity_away_from_instrument status_flag (which also
applies to direction_of_radial_vector_away_from_instrument)
eastward_sea_water_velocity
eastward_sea_water_velocity standard_error
northward_sea_water_velocity
northward_sea_water_velocity standard_error
sea_water_speed status_flag (which applies to both
east|northward_sea_water_velocity, as suggested by Nan)
eastward_sea_water_velocity_assuming_no_tide (*)
northward_sea_water_velocity_assuming_no_tide (*)

The standard names with a (*) are new. Can I expect them to be added in
the next release of standard name table ?

> We could extend the convention, but that will take a bit more thought and
> debate, I expect. Proposals for modifying the convention are discussed on
> the CF trac site.

Should I submit this subject on the CF trac site ?

Thanks for your help

St?phane Tarot