⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Rotated-pole grids

From: Stephens, A <ag.stephens>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:02:19 +0100

Hi Jon,

In our experience they are very useful coordinate variables. Allowing a
simple and quick lookup without having to perform any calculations. For
example, cdms allows you to say:

>>> print myvar.getLatitude()
52.45555555

If the data provider knows the lats and lons at write time it is far
easier to provide them than to expect all users to re-generate them.

It just simplifies usage.

Cheers,

Ag