⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for atmospheric chemistry and aerosols

From: Christiane.Textor at lsce.ipsl.fr <Christiane.Textor>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:35:10 +0100 (CET)

Dear Philippe,

The purpose of the wiki is to try to summarize the current status of
work, in order to highlight the principles and concepts we have
developed so far.

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF_Standard_Names_-_Construction_of_Atmospheric_Chemistry_and_Aerosol_Terms

The overview of the defined chemical names on the wiki help to see the
structures and concepts we are using, and to detect names that do not
fit. Briefly said, the idea is to provide some ground to the
discussions. It seems to me that it is easier to discuss these concepts
when they can be seen by everybody, than to have the concepts
distributed over many emails. Therefore, these descriptions could help to
converge to the most efficient strategy.

Of course the discussions of the aerosol and chemisty names in CF should
be continued on the CF mailing list, and not on the wiki. The wiki is
only used to summarize the state of such names in CF. (Thus, we would not
use the discussion pages).

The descriptions on the wiki would be updated until we reach consensus.
Finally they could even become part of the CF guidelines, and the wiki
would become obsolete.

Best regards,
Christiane