⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] a different (but perhaps unoriginal) approach to standard name construction

From: Robert Muetzelfeldt <r.muetzelfeldt>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 15:20:19 +0000

Bryan,
> a) formalising the construction of standard names (this is not a big step, I believe Alison does a fair bit of this anyway, but what folk probably don't realise is that having done that, a fair bit of the definition is formalised too).
Are Alison's rules for formalising the construction of names
available? I was working purely from the current Guidelines, and, as I
mentioned, I could get only some small proportion of the Standard Names
to parse using a grammar based on them. If there is a more extensive
set of rules for constructting names, I'd be happy to try extending my
grammar to include these.

Cheers,
Robert

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.