⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Independent documentation of CF conventions?

From: John Graybeal <graybeal>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:27:48 -0700

It's an indication of interest beyond the 'local community', as for
example when there is a book explaining a programming language.
Unfortunately, our community's size mostly hasn't risen to 'book
level' yet. So any new person who's interested just gets sucked into
the primary community.

That said, there are a number of external references. For a minor
example, a search for "Climate Forecast" at MMI finds quite a number
of references, though no detailed discussions.

I'm wondering what the searchers looked for -- that could be the
problem. A search for
   "climate and forecast" conventions
in Google revealed a lot of references, for example here's a (brief)
citation in a book:
   http://tinyurl.com/5uy4s9
But I'm not sure 'citations' are the metric wikipedia wants to use.

Unfortunately, *using* a standard is different than *caring* about
it. Safe to say the population that cares about the USB standards is
significantly smaller than the population that uses them. Both both
are much larger for USB than for CF!

John