⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names for chemical constituents?

From: Lawrence, BN <bryan.lawrence>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:58:20 +0100

Hi Jonathan

I think in practice there are upwards of half a dozen MIPS nearly upon us, nearly all of them have new physical earth/system type parameterisation, ranging from chemistry to carbon, from land to sea and cloud. I don't think we can sustain the current level
of examination with everything going into a flat name space. If on the other hand, the standard name is in common, but with many differences
expressed in a variable, and a common concept to link thmem, then it is feasible.

Bryan