⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names for chemical constituents?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:55:15 +0100

Dear Bryan

> The deluge is almost upon us. I think leaving it to the last minute to have a solution in place is going to be unworkable.

What is the source of the threatening deluge? The ones from Martina, for
instance, don't look to be a serious problem to me. There are two issues for
stdnames:

* Thinking about how they should be constructed. That is usually the bottleneck
because it is hard work, and not many brains are available.

* The number of names to be added. That is not a bottleneck in human time, if
they are systematic, but presents problems of how to manage the table.

Cheers

Jonathan