⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names for chemical constituents?and aerosols (resulting from a GRIB2 p

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:42:04 +0100

Dear Heinke and Roy

Recognising that a common concept would be valuable to combine the constituent
name and the concept description implies, I think, that it is more convenient
to keep them together. Although I agree that in principle the current method
could lead to thousands of names, so far the number of chemical names is not
large and causes no problems. So while I agree we should keep possible
solutions in mind, I do not think we need to solve the problem until it really
threatens us. I feel we should continue with the present approach, which is
more convenient.