⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] vertical coordinates

From: Jon Blower <jdb>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:12:45 +0100

Dear Jonathan,

> I would say it is the treatment of time which is anomalous.

I guess time has an arbirtrarily-large set of datums (you can pick
anything you like for the "since" attribute, i.e. the epoch) so the
standard name approach couldn't be used for time unless you restrict
the number of epochs that are possible. But there are a limited
number of vertical datums so this wouldn't result in a standard name
explosion.

Whichever approach is taken the tools have to do pretty much the same
job, i.e. parse a string and (potentially) reference to a CRS
elsewhere in the file.

Regards, Jon