⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposed CF standard names for the NEMO ocean model

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:04:24 +0100

> W2 vertical_sea_water_temperature_diffusivity (m2 s-1)
> W6 vertical_sea_water_salinity_diffusivity

I overlooked a problem here. We already have a name of "heat diffusivity"
in the atmos so we should use that, for consistency, instead of "temperature
diffusivity". Therefore probably it should be "salt" instead of "salinity" too.

If NEMO would like to be most helpful, it should probably call the tracer
diffusivities "tracer" when they are identical, and "heat" and "salt" when
they aren't. Jonathan