⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] V8 Standard name additions

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:10:08 +0100

Dear Roy

> Whilst doing the discovery vocabulary mappings for the V8 additions I became aware that there is a group of Atmospheric Dynamics terms added for CCMVal that could apply equally well to either the atmosphere or a water body, namely:

Good point! I agree, they should be made unambiguously atmos terms, like other
ones are.

> eastward_transformed_eulerian_mean_velocity
> northward_transformed_eulerian_mean_velocity

Other velocities have air_velocity, sea_water_velocity, etc.

> northward_heat_flux_due_to_eddy_advection

... could be heat_flux_in_air; we already have names with that phrase.

> upward_flux_of_eastward_momentum_due_to_nonorographic_eastward_gravity_waves
> upward_flux_of_eastward_momentum_due_to_nonorographic_westward_gravity_waves
> upward_flux_of_eastward_momentum_due_to_orographic_gravity_waves

There were already stdnames of downward_east/northward_momentum_flux_in_air
so to be consistent these should have been
  upward_eastward_momentum_flux_in_air_due_to_...