⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] V8 Standard name additions

From: Roy Lowry <rkl>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:54:03 +0100

Dear All,

Whilst doing the discovery vocabulary mappings for the V8 additions I became aware that there is a group of Atmospheric Dynamics terms added for CCMVal that could apply equally well to either the atmosphere or a water body, namely:

eastward_transformed_eulerian_mean_velocity
northward_transformed_eulerian_mean_velocity
northward_heat_flux_due_to_eddy_advection
upward_flux_of_eastward_momentum_due_to_nonorographic_eastward_gravity_waves
upward_flux_of_eastward_momentum_due_to_nonorographic_westward_gravity_waves
upward_flux_of_eastward_momentum_due_to_orographic_gravity_waves

Presumably we should consider setting up unambiguous aliases for these in V9? Apologies for not spotting this sooner.

Cheers, Roy.