⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: standard name proposal for CCMVal

From: Christiane.Textor at lsce.ipsl.fr <Christiane.Textor>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:05:39 +0100 (CET)

Dear Jonathan,

Yes, we did not finally decide on the IUPAC nomenclature, but it seems to
me that we agreed that they should be used in principle. Therefore the
long names are used instead of the more convenient ones for HTAP:

PCB-153 HEXACHLOROBIPHENYL (without the positions of the chloratoms...)
a-HCH alpha-Hexachlorocyclohexane

If I had misinterpreted the IUPAC issue, then the shorter names should be
included for the two existing compounds as well (especially for the first,
which is not exact as it is).

Regards,
Christiane