⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name proposal for CCMVal

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:13:35 +0000

Dear Christiane

> Yes, we did not finally decide on the IUPAC nomenclature, but it seems to
> me that we agreed that they should be used in principle. Therefore the
> long names are used instead of the more convenient ones for HTAP:
>
> PCB-153 HEXACHLOROBIPHENYL (without the positions of the chloratoms...)
> a-HCH alpha-Hexachlorocyclohexane

Good point. I think the IUPAC names are preferable in principle because they
are standard, and I don't see why you shouldn't include the position of the
chlorine atoms in the standard name. Since you adopted IUPAC names, what has
been the experience of the HTAP community with using your standard names?

Cheers

Jonathan