⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Trac problems. Is it just me?

From: Rosalyn Hatcher <r.s.hatcher>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:00:26 +0100

For information, I've had the same intermittent problem with the control
tags piling up on
top of each other in some of the Trac systems I maintain locally. I've
not yet managed to
figure out what causes it.

Interestingly it only seems to occur on my Trac 0.10 systems (which I
see is also the
version CF uses) and not on the projects using Trac 0.10.3. Information
seems to be
pointing to a 0.10 issue as the NERC DataGrid also use Trac 0.10.3 -
maybe just a
coincidence??!!

Ros.

Roy Lowry wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've recently started contributing through the Trac system and have been having a few stability problems. Intermittently, the control tags like 'login' labels all pile up on top of each other at the LH end of the screen, making it impossible to login. Repeatedly re-entering the system eventually fixes this. More worrying are frequent 'site not found' errors on submitting changes to tickets (again this is intermittent), which are irrecoverable. Twice now I've spent a while word-smithing comments only to have to start again and have now taken to composing in Word and pasting into Trac.
>
> I'm sending this to the list to see if I'm the only one having these problems, in which case I'll look for a solution locally. If it's more widespread then maybe Kyle can investigate. I'm using IE7 under Windows XP. I've never have any problems using the NERC DataGrid Trac.
>
> Cheers, Roy.

Rosalyn Hatcher
NCAS Computational Modelling Support
Dept. of Meteorology, University of Reading,
Earley Gate, Reading. RG6 6BB
Email: r.s.hatcher at reading.ac.uk     Tel: +44 (0) 118 378 6016