⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_names for aerosols and chemistry for HTAP:sources/sinks

From: Pamment, JA <J.A.Pamment>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:28:44 +0100

Dear Christiane and Jonathan,

I agree that the proposed names are clear. As a non-expert in
atmospheric chemistry I find it helpful to have the "due_to"
construction to emphasise the difference between primary and secondary
aerosols.

I also agree with Jonathan's suggestion that the primary aerosol name
should include "particulate".

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: J.A.Pamment at rl.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.

tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_primary_organic_matter_dry_aeroso
l_
> due_to_emission

tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_secondary_particulate_organic_mat
te
> r_dry_aerosol_due_to_chemical_net_production

tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_particulate_organic_matter_dry_ae
ro