⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_names for aerosols and chemistry for HTAP: sources/sinks

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:43:17 +0100

Dear Christiane

> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_primary_organic_matter_dry_aerosol_due_to_emission
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_secondary_particulate_organic_matter_dry_aerosol_due_to_chemical_net_production
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_particulate_organic_matter_dry_aerosol_due_to_chemical_net_production_and_emission
>
> The idea of secondary aerosols is that they are not emitted but produced
> in the atmosphere from gaseous precursors, while primary aerosol are
> already emitted as particles. The third name would be the sum of primary
> and secondary part. org. matter aerosol.

Perhaps the primary should say particulate as well, like the other two.

There might be some redundancy between primary/secondary and due_to, but maybe
this is helpful for clarity in other names that may be needed. I suppose there
could be a tendency of primary aerosol due to chemical destruction, for
instance.

Cheers

Jonathan