⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Gaussian Lat/Lon grids

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:08:57 -0600

Hi Karl:

Is there a standard way that the latitude bounds should be calculated that reflects the gaussian?

If I do include the weights, sounds like I should include a description of how they were calculated. I used "the roots of the ordinary Legendre polynomial of degree NLAT using Newton's iteration method". Does that seem sufficient and useful?

BTW, it appears you didnt send to list, so i forwarded.